The Development of a child's voice in the process of singing in chorus
· Practical Classes
· Video presentations
Course unit type
· Bachelor Program, specialization in Musical Art
Con Content info
- participation in the investigations of the problem of development of a child's voice in the process of teaching to sing;
- knowledge of the basic research methods in the filed of the development of a child's voice;
- observation of singing development of students;
- planning of teaching on the basis of modern educational methods;
- conducting individual work with students and correction of their sound articulation;
- conducting of realization of cultural programs (to prepare the chorus for concerts);
Thus, this discipline aims at professional work with the children's chorus at the development of voice parameters.
A. General competences
PB - 01. Intellectual and cognitive capacities
PB - 02. Acquisition and processing of information
· PB – 01. Know regularities of human's acoustics and physiological basis of articulation; acoustic characteristics of human voice and its biophysical parameters; the meaning of the main methods of teaching to sing from the point of physiology of sound — production and its acoustic result; different methodological systems of tuning of the voice of a singer, existing in modern vocal practice; examples of particularity of a child's voice and its sounding in time with the growth of the child; methodological advice in the vocal work with children groups.
· PB – 02. Know the system of organs of articulation; peculiarities of voice development in different periods; regularities of acoustic perception of singers' voices; bio-mechanisms of sound production in various voice registers; structural components of the spectrum of voices of children and grown-ups; various methodological approaches to teaching of children in the Present and in the Past.
B. Profession-oriented/ General scientific competences
Be able to
- tune the singers' voices;
- find and correct the drawbacks in bio-mechanism of sound production and find methodological ways of their elimination;
- plan and develop the system of exercises, coinciding with the methodological aims of the lesson, level of the knowledge of a child and his/her peculiarities;
- evaluate the difficulties of studying process for this very level of students;
- differentiate the tones of voices;
- eliminate disruption of coordination between voice and audition of children, who can't intonate the tunes;
- note signs of tiredness of singers and to master methods of relaxation in the process of the lesson;
C. Profession-specific competences
Acquire skills in
- forming correctly the sounds in various voice registers;
- intonating correctly the tunes from the point of the sound pitch;
- singing to his/her own accompaniment;
- perceiving quality characteristics of a singer's voice;
- creating emotionally comfortable atmosphere at the lessons;
- assorting interesting material for each group of students.
D. Scientific competences
Creation of methodological recommendations for the tuning of the children voices.
A. Previously required courses
Philosophy of Music (fundamentals), Russian Language Level – Advanced, Fundamentals of singing in chorus.
B. Required competences
Passion for music, analytical abilities, academic writing, text analysis, knowledge of Russian phonetics and lexical rules at least on the level of reading and conversation.
Educational tools info
· Practical Classes
· Video presentations
B. Obligatory educational tools
1. Морозов В. П. Искусство резонансного пения. - М.,2002.
2. Morozov V.P. The art of singing. M., 2002.
3. Бернд Вайкль О пении и прочем умении. -М.,2002
4. Bernard Weikl. About singing and other skills. M. 2002.
5. Нодар Андгуладзе Homo cantor. Очерки вокального искусства. -М.,2003.
6. Nodar Andguladze. Homo cantor. Essays about vocal singing. M. 2003..
C. Recommended educational tools
1. Плужников К. И. Механика пения. – СПб.,2004.
2. Pluzhnikov K.I. Mechanics of singing. St.-P. 2004.
3. Бараш А. Б. Поэма о человеческом голосе. – М.,2005.
4. Barash A.B. The Poem about human voice. M. 2005.
5. Пустынникова Г. Н. Восстановление речевого и певческого голоса. –М.,2005.
6. Pustinnikova G.N. Restoration of speech and vocal abilities. M. 2005.
7. Гонтаренко Н. Б. Сольное пение. – Ростов-на-Дону, 2007.
8. Gontarenko N.B. Solo singing. Rostov-on-Don. 2007.
9. Багрунов В. П. Азбука владения голосом. - СПб.,2006.
10. Bagrunov V.P. The Alphabet of singing skills. St.-P. 2006.
11. 6.Сикур П. И. Основы вокальной техники и исполнительства для вокалистов, руководителей хоров, профессионалов и любителей пения. –М.,2006.
12. Sikur P.I. Fundamentals of vocal techniques and performance for singers, directors, professionals and amateurs. M. 2006.
13. Плужников К. И. Вокальные воззрения семьи Гарсиа. – СПб.,2006.
14. Pluzhnikov K.I. Perceptions of singing in Garcia’s family. St.-P. 2006.
15. Иванов А. П. Искусство пения. – М.,2006.
16. Ivanov A.P. The art of singing. M. 2006.
17. Калабин А. А. Управление голосом. – М.,2007.
18. Kalabin A.A. The management of voice. M. 2007.
19. Юшманов В. И. Вокальная техника и её парадоксы. – СПб.,2002.
20. Ushmanov V.I. Vocal technique and its paradoxes. St.-P. 2002.
21. Стулова Г. П. Акустико-физиологические основы вокальной работы с детским хором. –М.,2005.
22. Stulova G.P. Acoustic and Physiological basics of vocal singing with children chorus. M. 2005.
23. Стулова Г. П. Теория и практика работы с детским хором. – М.,2002.
24. Stulova G.P. Theory and Practice of work with childrens chorus. M. 2002.
25. Венгрус Л. А. Пение и музыкальный всеобуч. – СПб.,2008.
Teaching methods info
Each module has a specific resource text for curriculum foundation and reference for student reports. Texts, references, articles, worksheets, interactive workshops are all either included in the course material or referred to.
The texts and supplemental instructional materials are described by each module writer and fit the structure and purpose of each curriculum module.
Instructional materials include:
Books and articles;
DVD (education films).
Software (Microsoft Office 2007)
This course is taught in English and Russian
Plenary lectures: 36h = 2h per week during 18 weeks during the first semester.
Practical Classes (obliged): 18h = 2h per two weeks during 18 weeks during the first semester.
Lab Classes: (obliged): 18h = 2h per 2 weeks during 18 weeks during the first semester.
• permanent (written tests during semester)
• oral examination
Total number of credits: 5 credits
Period of examination
OR: 3 credits - 1 oral exam
OR labs: 1 credit - permanent and several computing tests
OR practical classes: 1 credit - permanent and several written tests
Different approach: 1 oral exam, the mark you get for the exam gives you the corresponding number of credits: 5 credits for A, 4 credits for B and 3 credits for C.
1 written assessment for the OR. The mark obtained in this examination is the result of the OR and the OR labs.
Higher distance education:
1 written assessment for the OR. The number of credits obtained in this examination is the result of the OR written examination.
Teaching support info
Extra course OR: 2h per week during 18 weeks during the first semester.
Higher distance education: for this course, an extra syllabus is available, containing guidelines how to study the material in an optimal way.