Pronunciation training in course of Russian as a foreign language
· Practical Classes
· Cultural activities
· Language laboratory
Course unit type
· Special Language Course, Bachelor Program, specialization in Philological Education
Con Content info
· training of international students in Russian pronunciation;
· planning and taking of classes in Russian as a foreign language;
· modern effective pedagogical technologies, methods, modes and means of Russian as a foreign language teaching;
· educational cultural activities;
· forming of general human culture of students;
· carrying-out of scientific and didactical research;
· participation in scientific and didactical activities.
A. General competences
PB - 01. Intellectual and cognitive capacities
PB - 02. Acquisition and processing of information
· PB – 01.
Methods of sounds articulation forming; pedagogical technologies of Russian speech correction; special features of basis of articulation of the Russian language in comparison with native language (or intermediate language) of students.
It will help the future pedagogues to apply their knowledge in further professional activities. Acquire knowledge in methods of forming of:
- sounds articulation;
- Russian speech intonation.
· acquire knowledge in methods of Russian speech correction;
· acquire knowledge in special features of basis of articulation of the Russian language in comparison with native language (or intermediate language) of students;
· teaching in estimation of matters of accent of students and in search of the most optimal ways of its’ elimination;
· teaching in usage of hearing and articulation exercises aimed in reading improvement in Russian as a foreign language;
· teaching in forming of sounds correct pronunciation with use of direct and indirect rule of articulation;
· forming of phonetic feeling of future teacher;
· enrichment of students by knowledge in phonetics based on comparative linguistics approach.
· PB – 02. Means of forming and correction of speech in the Russian language;
- apply hearing and articulation exercises aimed in reading improvement in Russian as a foreign language;
- use modes of forming of sounds correct pronunciation with use of direct and indirect rule of articulation in pedagogue’s professional activities
§ make an analysis of matters of accent of students and search the most optimal ways of its’ elimination.
B. Profession-oriented/ General scientific competences
Be able to:
- methods of forming of sounds articulation, of accent, of rhythmic, of intonation of Russian speech in practical professional activities.
- Methods of control of level of forming of pronunciation skills of students;
- Main phonemic and phonetic mistakes in Chinese students’ speech;
- Main phonemic and phonetic mistakes in Arabic students’ speech;
- Methods of forming and correction of the Russian language vowels in foreign audience;
- Methods of forming and correction of the Russian language labial consonants in foreign audience;
- Didactical methods used in elimination of pronunciation errors.
- Phonemic hearing and its’ training in lessons of phonetics;
- Main intonation errors in Chinese and Korean students;
- Forming of hushing sounds of foreign students in initial stage of education;
- Methods of direct and indirect rule of articulation.
C. Profession-specific competences
Peculiarities of Russian consonant system in comparison with native language (or intermediate language) of student. Typical difficulties in forming and correction of vowels in different phonetic positions. Classification of exercises for forming and correction of vowels in the Russian language.
D. Scientific competences
Be able to conduct research of varied connections between the language and culture, principles of their interaction.
A. Previously required courses
General Linguistics, Russian Language Level – Advanced, General Russian literature, Fundamentals of Russian culture.
B. Required competences
Analytical abilities, academic writing, text analysis, knowledge of Russian phonetics and lexical rules at least on the level of reading and conversation.
Educational tools info
· Practical Classes
· Video presentations
· Language laboratory
B. Obligatory educational tools
Rudenko V. Speech correction. Practical Textbook for Students, Speech
Correction Specialists and Parents.
2. Russian as a Foreign Language. Methodic of Teaching Russian Language.
Schukin A. Methodic of Teaching Russian as a Foreign Language.
C. Recommended educational tools
Addition educational tools will be recommended at the beginning of academic year.
Teaching methods info
Each module has a specific resource text for curriculum foundation and reference for student reports. Texts, references, articles, worksheets, interactive workshops are all either included in the course material or referred to.
The texts and supplemental instructional materials are described by each module writer and fit the structure and purpose of each curriculum module.
Instructional materials include:
- Books and articles;
- DVD (education films).
- Software (Microsoft Office 2007)
This course is taught in English and Russian
Plenary lectures: 36h = 2h per week during 18 weeks during the first semester.
Practical Classes (obliged): 18h = 2h per two weeks during 18 weeks during the first semester.
Lab Classes: (obliged): 18h = 2h per 2 weeks during 18 weeks during the first semester.
• permanent (written tests during semester)
• oral examination
Total number of credits: 5 credits
Period of examination
OR: 3 credits - 1 oral exam
OR labs: 1 credit - permanent and several computing tests
OR practical classes: 1 credit - permanent and several written tests
Different approach: 1 oral exam, the mark you get for the exam gives you the corresponding number of credits: 5 credits for A, 4 credits for B and 3 credits for C.
1 written assessment for the OR. The mark obtained in this examination is the result of the OR and the OR labs.
Higher distance education:
1 written assessment for the OR. The number of credits obtained in this examination is the result of the OR written examination.
Teaching support info
Extra course OR: 2h per week during 18 weeks during the first semester.
Higher distance education: for this course, an extra syllabus is available, containing guidelines how to study the material in an optimal way.